Sales Associate - Sawyer Heights
- Houston, TX
- Part Time to Full Time
- Entry Level
Be fit. Change lives. Have fun!
If you mention your Orangetheory Fitness membership within moments of meeting someone...who looks around the class and counts people you’ve inspired to be there...who encourages once-a-week members to sign up for more classes...who knows and enthusiastically shares the science behind our workouts -- well, we just may want you to turn your untapped sales prowess into a paying career!
We’re currently seeking enthusiastic individuals eager to share our story and our success with everyone who walks through that door or who calls for more information or who expresses even the slightest bit of interest in improving themselves. Are you passionate, positive, and can talk to anyone? Do you thrive on being part of a team? Does your zest for being part of a world-class fitness company propel you out of bed with a smile and determination to change more lives -- physically, mentally emotionally? Then we want to hear from YOU!
The Fitness Sales Associate assists in running all "front of house“ fitness studio operations. Ideal candidate has basic sales experience and will be responsible for meeting and exceeding all key performance sales indicators for the fitness studio, package offerings, including membership sales and renewals, retail and concession sales, maximizing workout traffic, and maintaining premium customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all who enter the studio with enthusiasm, energy, and knowledge
- Present the OTF concept to any interested consumers, also known as “intros”
- Participate in all aspects of the front desk, including answering phones and engaging with members
- Give studio tours to first time guests
- Follow up on prospective clients
- Handle member concerns in a professional and objective manner with the goal of resolution
- Maintain an effective referral program
- Participate in regular marketing and outreach events
- Ensure all retail and bathroom items are stocked and the studio is clean
- Ability to work at least 25 hours per week
- Previous customer service and sales experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Health & Fitness minded - strongly preferred
- Ability to work and function in a team environment
- Flexible to work days, evenings, weekends, and holiday hours, as needed
- Variable Hour - Full-Time & Part-Time available
Diversity Commitment Statement: "The presence and influence of Diversity & Inclusion within Orangetheory Fitness Afterburn is not just a vital and ethical standard to maintain but a powerful confluence and mandatory action. We strive to create an atmosphere free of prejudice and discrimination where all voices can be heard and where diversity can be recognized as an asset rather than an obstacle. Our mission is to coach and train our team to be inclusive and accepting of our differences. We believe that in order to affect the change that we want to see in the world, it begins with how we, Orangetheory Fitness Afterburn, are committed to creating workplace equity and diversity while cultivating, fostering, and protecting a culture of inclusion and acceptance."
Benefits & Compensation: Benefits are very important to us. We are constantly looking for ways to increase our benefit package to attract and retain top candidates.
- Competitive Pay
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability (eligibility depends on Full-Time or Variable Part-Time status)
- 401K plan including match eligibility
- Flexible Schedules
- WORKOUT FOR FREE!
- Fitness casual dress-code
- Passionate, collaborative work environment
Disclaimers: This employment opportunity is with one of the largest independently owned and operated Orangetheory Fitness Franchise, Afterburn.
- Afterburn participates in the federal government's E-Verify Program
- Afterburn provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Afterburn is an Employment-at-Will Employer
- As an employer with more than 100 employees, we may be soon required to be in compliance with the Federal Emergency Temporary Standard issued by OSHA. If we are, we will be implementing a mandatory vaccination policy; the policy will require all employees to be vaccinated or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.