Come join our West Coast Florida team!
Job Summary: As the Director Operations, you will be responsible for providing leadership and daily direction to the sales and group personal training teams in our facilities. This critical position must have a solid understanding of sales and operational excellence. As the lead for the sales function, the Director must execute a lead generation / marketing strategies plan to increase fitness program sales as well as promote the health and wellness benefits that are associated with a healthy lifestyle. This leader must pose a high caliber approach to coaching and staff development.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Oversee all current and future locations including franchise partner locations
- Train managers after newly acquired studios
- Oversee Regional Managers
- Lead studio management and sales associates in regard to studio structure, management material and studio displays
- Manage Manpower Plan to meet 120% of current operation (This will include new locations as acquired under OTF – Houston umbrella)
- Work with HR to identify strategies relating to recruitment, on-boarding, and employee progression development and training
- Assist the Director of Fitness to identify 45-60 progression plan for fitness coaches
- Work with Human Resources to develop companywide strategy in relations to employee development, New Hires Implementation and 30-day Training Program, Recruitment Strategies, Control fitness team and more
- Properly managing and exceeding all OTF sales and operational budgets
- Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (studio events, outreach)
- Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems
- Manage, monitor, coach-develop and evaluate the performance of all OTF-related managers and staff
- Compliance and adherence to OTF Business Policies for daily studio operations
- Monitor the hiring, training and scheduling of all OTF studio staff
- Responsible for recruiting and on-boarding all new OTF employees
- Build and maintain OTF class size through scheduling optimization
- Develop a high energy culture through contests and incentive-based motivation
- Model all studio activities through self-involvement (leading by example)
- Train and mentor subordinates for ongoing success and future growth
- Ensure OTF branding through consistency and continuity in all actions
- Properly empower, monitor and evaluate specifically assigned responsibilities of sales team and fitness team
- Manage disciplinary actions involving all OTF studio employees
- Responsible for meeting performance metrics (KPIs)
- Be promotionally oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs
- Responsible for 30-60-90 and annual OTF staff performance review completion
- Enforce OTF corporate policies, business practices, systems and processes
- Ensures that all front desk systems are followed such as proper Member Check-In, Telephone Inquiries (general and sales related), Guest Registration, cash handling, delinquent account procedures, customer care calls, change requests and document scanning
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service
- Provide effective decision-making regarding customer service issues
- Plan and promote special events for the studio on a monthly basis, using OTF tools for effective outreach and community involvement
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean, maintained and operationally sound
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; preferred
- Proven sales leadership; required
- Fitness background; preferred
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time
- Multi-Unit experience; required
- Minimum of five years’ Management experience; required, including directly overseeing all aspects of staff management from hiring, training, supporting, discipline, and termination
- Minimum of five years’ Sales experience; required
- Previous management experience in the health & fitness industry, strongly recommended
- Must possess excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, successful environment for staff and clients
- Experience working with a fast-growing company
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solver
- Communication Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented, professional attitude, and reliable
- Ability to interact with employees of all levels in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities over a business unit.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends; holiday hours may be required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Exemption /Expected Hours of Work: This is an exempt, salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m. This position may be required to work long hours and weekend on occasion depending on business needs.
Diversity Commitment Statement: "The presence and influence of Diversity & Inclusion within Orangetheory Fitness Afterburn is not just a vital and ethical standard to maintain but a powerful confluence and mandatory action. We strive to create an atmosphere free of prejudice and discrimination where all voices can be heard and where diversity can be recognized as an asset rather than an obstacle. Our mission is to coach and train our team to be inclusive and accepting of our differences. We believe that in order to affect the change that we want to see in the world, it begins with how we, Orangetheory Fitness Afterburn, are committed to creating workplace equity and diversity while cultivating, fostering, and protecting a culture of inclusion and acceptance."
Benefits & Compensation: Benefits are very important to us. We are constantly looking for ways to increase our benefit package to attract and retain top candidates.
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability (eligibility depends on Full-Time or Variable Part-Time status)
- 401K plan including match eligibility
- Competitive Pay: This position has a starting pay rate of $10 per hour, plus opportunity for commission earnings
- Flexible Schedules
- WORKOUT FOR FREE!
- Fitness casual dress-code
- Passionate, collaborative work environment
Disclaimers: This employment opportunity is with one of the largest independently owned and operated Orangetheory Fitness Franchise, Afterburn.
- Afterburn participates in the federal government's E-Verify Program
- Afterburn provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Afterburn is an Employment-at-Will Employer